I have been coloring my hair for about 2 years now. I started out going to the salon but now, for the past 3 months, I have been coloring it myself. I love the crazy colors and that is what I stick too.
My natural hair color is a dark brown, so I have to bleach my hair first. I have had everything from blue to purple. Currently it is Green. Since I am new I only used Splat to start off with. Which I will eventually review but for now its just Manic Panic.
I ordered a 4oz jar of Manic Panic off of Amazon, in the color of Green Envy. The jar claims to be semi-permanent and the dye is a cream. You apply the color to freshly washed and dried hair. You don’t want to apply to scalp and it’s recommended to apply 1/2 inch from scalp. Cover hair with plastic cap and leave for 30 minutes. The rinse with cold water.
Some positives to start with…….
- Doesn’t bleed excessively. I noticed with other dyes, like Splat, they bleed for days after dying it. Manic panic doesn’t do that if you thoroughly rinse it out.
- It does not have an overpowering scent.
- The texture is great. Its a cream dye and super easy to apply. It seems to go on smoothly.
- It doesn’t seem to last vary long. I dyed my hair about 2 weeks and there is already a lot of yellow showing through.
- Did not want to rinse out of my hair.
This was the day I dyed my hair. I was expecting a darker green color but I still liked it a lot.
Excuse the bed head….I am a stay at home mother and today was one of the days of me not making an effort. But this was taken today….about 2 weeks after dying it.